Tech Track 2022: Are you a CTO, Data Scientist or Engineer? Here’s why this year’s Summit is a must-attend for you27. Oktober 2022
Software Development undoubtedly has a crucial role to play in the development of software products in large-scale environments. This year, our Conference stages will host Tech Leads from companies such as Sumup, ROQ Technology, and Zalando, who will provide deep insights into various topics they are facing on a daily basis.
- You will learn:
- How Sumup scales their tech teams
- How the former Tech Leads of Spryker, Project A and Rocket Internet build scalable web applications with a new low-code approach
- About the Data Mesh journey at Zalando
- What CIOs and CTOs can do under pressure. A discussion by current and former Tech Leads of XING, Beiersdorf, Otto.de and Deutsche Post
Interview: Scaling Tech Teams
Building digital products with one or two teams is well understood and some might even say ‘easy’. Doing the same with many more teams comes with very different challenges. In this talk, we will look into the implications of scaling digital product development, focussing on the organizational, technical, and alignment aspects. We will discuss why an overarching approach is needed and also what opportunities scaling up your tech teams can bring.
Talk: Beyond low-code: How to build a scalable web application in weeks, not months
Are you a product owner, developer or the founder of a new startup? If you want to launch a great SaaS application, the next marketplace, or any kind of web application, this tech talk is a must attend for you. Before starting their latest venture, ROQ Technology, Tim and Fabian extensively analyzed how unique web applications can be built today. They found that despite the increasing popularity of low-code tools and kickstarter applications, POs, developers and founders still want the full flexibility and scalability of owning their codebase.
In this talk, Tim and Fabian share their research and show how to launch limitless web applications faster. You will get specific tips on how to get the speed of low-code tools and the flexibility of your own codebase.
Talk: What does Data Mesh mean for your tech team?
Dr Alexander Borek will share insights and learnings from their data mesh journey at Zalando. In the tech world, the new paradigm of data mesh is transforming the way we think about managing data in a company. Data mesh puts the responsibility for data back to the tech teams that are producing the data – they are now fully accountable for data. It changes from looking at all data as the new oil that is pumped into a lake to managing it as a product. Data infrastructure is democratized and provided to all tech teams that do not have necessarily specialized data engineering capabilities. And, eventually, data governance becomes more federated and automated and ensures data product interoperability and trustworthiness. What do I need to get prepared for as a product manager or engineering manager in the exciting world of data mesh?
Conversation: Smash IT — 6 management wishes
CIO and CTO under pressure. IT is in trouble. Skilled labor is in short supply, and the old experts are retiring. Among the supervisory boards, there is still little understanding of digitization. So what is to be done?
In turns, each speaker expresses a concrete wish to mitigate the perils of lack of know-how, legacy IT and the missing ability to innovate. And we take turns commenting on the wishes of the others.
Browse more of our Tech Track:
- Toward a High-Performance Mind // Dr Reiner Kraft, Founder of The Mindful Leader. Former CTO, VP Engineering Zalando & Silicon Valley Veteran.
- How to marry Data Science and Product // Dr Ruth Janning, Head of Data Science at OBI next and former Director of Engineering at real.digital.
- Efficient Product-Engineering collaboration in hyper growth companies // Peter Minev, CTO at Clark. Held roles at SAP and VMware.
- Designing AI-powered Products with DDD and Machine Learning Canvas // Dr. Larysa Visengeriyeva, Senior Consultant at INNOQ.
- Software that can read and write — Understanding text with Deep Learning // Christoph Henkelmann, CTO at DIVISIO.
- Free up your WordPress business: How creatives save time and effort with managed WordPress hosting // Navid Razavi, Partner Manager and Ralf Lahrkamp, Outbound Sales Manager at Raidboxes.
You do not only want to listen to our top-notch speakers on how to build better digital products but also learn from our experts in a full-day workshop on a number of different topics, such as…
- Master Product Guidelines and Principles that most companies miss out
- Fundamentals Data Literacy: From Idea to Use Case in data-driven Marketing
- Toward a High-Performance Mind
- Lean Business Experiments
… then our Expert Ticket is the right choice for you — It gives you access to one of the Pre-Workshops as well as our Conference Day on Nov 16th. For detailed information, please click on the button below.