How to develop better digital products?
On November 27th one day before our conference, we offer several amazing full day workshops. We will provide lunch and plenty of coffee to fuel you through the day.
Pick the workshop you’re interested in and buy your ticket – be quick as there are very limited seats for each workshop (max. 20 per workshop to ensure the best possible learning experience). As the workshops are run in parallel you can only attend one of them, and once purchased you cannot change your workshop.
You should, of course, also join us at the conference the day after these workshops, but tickets are completely separate. Conference tickets do NOT give you access to workshops, nor do workshop tickets give you access to the conference.
27. November 2019 – Startplatz, Cologne
Trainer: Sonja Mewes & Tim Herbig, Language: English
This workshop is part of our Pre-Conference Workshop day for Digitale Leute Summit 2019. Find a list of all workshops below.
OKRs in Agile Product Development with Sonja Mewes & Tim Herbig
Building products by using agile principles is an effective way to grow a business.
There’s no shortage of frameworks helping us to structure our development processes this way. But all too often, we tend to focus on merely producing more output (aka features) more quickly without considering the actual impact our products need to have in our user’s behavior. Yet we know that clarifying the higher reasoning behind our efforts is one of the most powerful ways to ensure that we build what truly matters.
Therefore, we need an agile goal setting system like Objectives and Key Results (OKR) which not only helps product teams to focus on outcome over output but which also enables true autonomy for them to build the best solutions.
Join us for a practical one day workshop experience to learn
- why thinking in impacts can drastically change your perspective on product development.
- what effective OKR are made of and how to use them for setting your team up for working on outcomes instead of features.
- how to set up your agile product development processes to support thinking and working in outcomes tomorrow.
- how to incorporate OKR into your agile product processes throughout all levels.
We believe in the individuality of the ‘right’ OKR setup and agile processes. Therefore, we will not only dedicate plenty of time for practical exercises but also for answering questions resulting from your unique situation.
Input and exercises include:
- Learning about proven tactics from our own first-hand experiences
- The concept of OKR as a learning system with a unique setup per company
- Comparing OKR sets with and without outcome-orientation
- Apply methods how to adjust your own OKR towards higher reasons instead of misusing it for task management
- Understanding the concept of theme-based roadmaps and how to combine quarterly goal setting with continuous Product Discovery
- Work through the process of combining OKR with agile routines and processes like roadmap and sprint plannings.
- Group exercise: Design the individual processes together with other attendees.
This workshop is for:
- Product Managers, Scrum Masters or Agile Coaches who need to solve challenges between OKR and product processes after a company wide OKR implementation
- Executives who are looking to align the product organization with overall strategic company goals
- Case Studies
- Design Thinking
- Group exercises
- Team Retrospectives
What do participants receive?
- Course slides
- Industry best practices
- Free templates to improve your own OKR processes
- Draft for your individual combined process
- Confirmation of participation
About the hosts
Sonja is founder and consultant for digital strategy and OKRs at Beautiful Future. She accompanies organizations in the agency and software industry during their implementation and development of individual OKR systems. Sonja fell in love with OKR after over fifteen years of traditional management experiences, that strongly triggered the relevance for new ways of more meaningful working environments. As co-host of the OKR Forum Hamburg, she discusses those opportunities though OKRs and other innovative working tools with an inspiring community.
Tim is an experienced product leader, speaker, and author of the book ‘Lateral Leadership: A Practical Guide for Agile Product Managers’. He previously held product roles in companies such as XING, Gruner+Jahr, and multiple startups. He believes in the creation of autonomy through alignment to enable product teams to thrive for the best possible solution instead of working through feature lists.
In addition to his devotion to enabling companies to build better teams and products, he’s also the co-organizer of the Product Tank Hamburg meetup series.
All workshop participants are invited to our get-together on the evening prior to the conference. More info to come!
All Pre-Conference Workshops:
- Product Discovery Essentials
- OKRs in Agile Product Development
- Domain Driven Design
- Rapid Prototyping
- Design Sprints on Steroids
- Beyond Agile: Build Better Products
- Product Owner Workshop
- Bridging the Gap – Using Design Thinking and Agile to Build Better Products
- AI Envisioning: How to find and describe valuable AI solutions to improve your business!
Do you offer discounts for students, startups, non-profits, etc?
The only discounts we offer are for „Super Early Bird“ & „Early Bird“ conference tickets and the group discounts on the regular conference tickets where we do 5 tickets for the price of 4.
Can I change the name or other details on my tickets?
Yes, but only the person who purchased the ticket can make these changes on Eventbrite. You are free to change your ticket details up to two days before the conference, including name, title, etc. Please make sure these details are correct as they will be what we show on your badge! Just login to Eventbrite and make the changes, following the instructions.
Can I get a refund?
We offer a full refund up to one month before the conference. Simply log in to Eventbrite and request the refund following the instructions. As with changes, only the person who purchased the tickets can request a refund.
Questions? Contact us via email@example.com