#DL Summit Workshop: Using Practical Product OKRs for Measuring Strategic Progress16. Oktober 2023
We are pleased to announce that Tim Herbig, our valued product management coach, will conduct another workshop this year. Tim’s workshops consistently receive great reviews and provide significant value to attendees while addressing extremely relevant topics.
Have a peek at what he has in store on November 7th:
Unlock the full potential of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) as a dynamic tool to improve alignment and focus within your Product Reams. Tim’s workshop goes beyond the generic and general guidance available online. It will address pragmatic and highly effective strategies for creating and implementing OKRs that truly empower Product Teams. Join him for a hands-on exploration of OKRs like you have never experienced before.
About the Workshop
Date & Location: 7th of November 2023, 9 am to 5 pm — STARTPLATZ, Cologne
Trainer: Tim Herbig
This workshop is part of our Pre-Conference Workshop Day for Digitale Leute Summit 2023.
Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) can be a powerful tool for aligning Product Teams and helping them focus. But when the dogma of by-the-book definitions and process overhead get in the way, they become a necessary evil instead of an amplifier. Product Teams should focus on the usefulness of OKR Sets and integration with existing practices instead of correctness at all costs.
After the workshop you will be able to…
- Go from Product Strategy to quarterly OKRs
- Recognize Key Outcomes vs Outputs and Lagging vs Leading Key Results patterns when drafting OKRs and how to course-correct
- Make sure your Product Roadmap complements your OKRs, instead of replacing them
- Draft and measure useful OKRs for different types of Product Teams: Whether it’s a high-traffic b2c or internal-facing product
- Integrate OKRs into the everyday decision-making of Product Discovery and Product Delivery
- And most of all, ensure that OKRs are actionable and valuable, not just on paper
Who should attend
This workshop is relevant to individuals whether you already use OKRs in your company or are in the planning stages of adopting them.
- (Senior) Product Managers who want to stop copying & pasting backlog items and tasks into OKR tools and Excel spreadsheets for a “reporting meeting” with stakeholders and management
- Heads of Product and VPs of Product who want to make OKRs a helpful vehicle for communicating priorities and measuring progress for the teams in their area
- Product Operations Managers, OKR Experts, Scrum Masters, and Agile Coaches who want to support Product Teams with the adoption of OKRs
- UX and Engineering Product Team members who want to improve their capability to participate and influence goal-setting in their company
About Tim Herbig: As a Product Management Coach, Tim Herbig works with curious Product Teams around the globe to improve their practices. After almost a decade of holding in-house product roles at stern.de and XING, he now focuses on enabling teams to make real progress toward meaningful goals by connecting the dots of Product Strategy, Product Discovery, and Product OKRs. Tim’s training focuses on interactivity and practicality so that participants can use materials immediately. He has helped product organizations like StepStone design and use OKRs to inform product management practices.
About STARTPLATZ: STARTPLATZ is a startup incubator and accelerator with offices in Cologne and Düsseldorf and functions as a hub for the local startup scene. Founded in 2012 by Dr. Lorenz Gräf and Matthias Gräf, its mission is to provide emerging startups and innovative companies a space for growth, consulting & coaching, workshops & events, and a connection to the extensive ecosystem. Visit www.startplatz.de for more information.
All Pre-Conference Workshops
- „Data Product Masterclass: Scaling the Value of Data, Analytics and AI in the Data Mesh Paradigm“ by Dr Alexander Borek
- „Product Discovery Masterclass“ by Nikkel Blaase and Jan Milz
- „Rapid Prototyping with No-Code“ by Lilith Brockhaus
- „Lean Business Experiments“ by Frederik Vosberg and Timothy Krechel
You do not only want to participate in one of our full-day workshops on Nov 7th but also learn from top-notch international speakers how to build better digital products? Then our Expert Ticket is the right choice for you — It gives you access to one of the Pre-Workshops and our Conference Day on Nov 8th. For detailed information, please click on the button below.