Marc talks in this episode about how he is working with over 30 Product Owners to establish product ownership at Asos.com, an e-commerce company that had a sales revenue of approximately 3.1 billion Euro in 2019, as well as how Marc is setting up product tanks worldwide as the Global Product Tank Coordinator.
Digitale Leute Insights is the podcast for passionate product people. We interview product developers from around the world and take a closer look at their tools and tactics.
Host: Tim Herbig
Subscribe via: Soundcloud, Spotify or iTunes.
When Marc speaks about his career, his first step into professional work surprises: For the first four years of his career, Mark worked as a corporate lawyer in his hometown Amsterdam, concentrating on mergers and acquisitions. He describes his next years as “quite a journey,” where he moves from jurisprudence to project management and then to product management. Over the next ten years, his path led him to over a dozen companies and roles in product management. He now works at Asos where he supplements the Head of Product with whatever a large organization such as Asos demands.
- Digital Product Manager (m/w/d) bei Ravensburger AG, Ravensburg
- 3D Technical Director (all genders) bei Accenture, Kronberg im Taunus
- Sales Manager bei Sendbird, San Mateo
- Platform Specialist bei Amplitude, Amsterdam
- Enterprise Account Executive bei Amplitude, Amsterdam
In this episode you will learn:
- for what kind of organizations the role of a Product Ownership Practice Lead is suitable for and what it’s tasks are. [00:06:13]
- how the general product teams at Asos are structured. [00:08:40]
- how Marc approached the crafting and shaping of the community of practice at Asos. [00:10:20]
- how to boost the confidence of someone being fairly new to product management. [00:12:40]
I try to demystify the role of a product manager.
- about the phenomenon in companies to separate the roles of discovery and delivery. [00:15:40]
- about Marc’s role as being the Global Product Tank Coordinator. [00:25:30]
LinkedIn: Marc Abraham
About the Host
Tim Herbig is well-known to longtime followers of Digitale Leute. He is a regular host of our Podcast, has spoken at our first Summit in 2018 and held multiple workshops, like his „Lateral Leadership Masterclass.“ at the Digitale Leute Summit 2018 as well as his workshop in 2019 “OKRs in Agile Product Development”. As if that was not enough to keep him busy, Tim is also a book author and trainer on product management, leadership, and team collaboration. Previously, he worked in digital product development at Iridion, Xing, Gruner + Jahr, and several startups.