#DL Summit Data Products Masterclass: Scaling the Value of Data, Analytics and AI in the Data Mesh Paradigm27. September 2023
This workshop shares practical learnings for each product type throughout the product management lifecycle and how to tackle the most common challenges. It explains the underlying capabilities needed for making data, analytics and AI as a product work in the new data mesh paradigm and strategies to get there.
About the Workshop
Date & Location: 7th of November 2023, 9 am to 5 pm — STARTPLATZ, Cologne
Trainer: Dr Alexander Borek
This workshop is part of our Pre-Conference Workshop Day for Digitale Leute Summit 2023.
Product management usually has a strong focus on the front-end user experience. Once your customer journeys are up and running, you want to optimize them and build more intelligence into them. This is where data, analytics and AI as a product come in, which apply product management principles to the data world. Each type of these products faces different challenges:
- Data as a Product has the biggest impact as the most valuable datasets can be shared by the data producers and used by many data consumers across the company, but the value of data products is often underrated.
- Analytics as a Product puts the power of data intelligence into the hands of many. It has to overcome the inconsistencies in the metrics and the lack of data literacy of the users.
- AI as a Product transforms business processes and customer offerings. It needs high-quality data, the acceptance of the business, and machine learning operations to ensure value and reliability.
Want to get a first impression?
Check out Alex’s talk „What does Data Mesh mean for your tech team“ at the Digitale Leute Summit 2022 and/or listen to his DL Insights Podcast episode (in German) about managing data, analytics & AI as products.
After the workshop you will be able to…
- Leverage data more strategically and with higher confidence
- Identify opportunities for creating huge value with data, analytics and AI
- Communicate the value to your stakeholders and executives
- Apply the product management methodology to data, analytics and AI
- Create a product strategy and roadmap for data, analytics and AI
- Address the underlying platform capabilities gaps for data, analytics and AI
- Leverage proven culture hacks to drive innovation, literacy and transformation
- Deploy federated governance mechanisms to increase trust in data
- Empower decentralized teams to act as data producer and data consumer
- And most important, create even more measurable impact with data!
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for individuals in leadership roles within product management, engineering and analytics, including but not limited to:
- (Senior) Product Managers who want to enhance leverage data for their products and apply product management principles to data, analytics, and AI products
- Heads/VPs of Product and Digital Leaders seeking to optimize customer journeys and build more intelligence into their products using data, analytics, and AI
- Heads/VPs of Engineering and CTOs interested in identifying opportunities for creating value with data, analytics, and AI and adopting the Data Mesh Paradigm as data producers
- Heads/VPs of Data, Analytics, and ML looking to improve their understanding of product management methodologies and their application in the data domain
Whether you already utilise data, analytics, and AI products or plan to implement them, this workshop will provide valuable insights and practical strategies for achieving measurable impact.
About Dr Alexander Borek: Alexander Borek, a renowned data leader, keynoter and bestselling author, is passionate about empowering leaders in his Data Masterclass program to unlock the value of data, analytics, and AI with a successful track record of assisting over 50 organizations across Europe. In his book, „Driving Digital Transformation through Data and AI,“ he brought product management into these domains. Dr Borek is Director of Data Analytics at Zalando and drives the data mesh strategy across the company. He previously led the global data analytics & AI strategy at Volkswagen Group. Dr Borek holds a PhD in data management from the University of Cambridge.
About STARTPLATZ: STARTPLATZ is a startup incubator and accelerator with offices in Cologne and Düsseldorf and functions as a hub for the local startup scene. Founded in 2012 by Dr. Lorenz Gräf and Matthias Gräf, its mission is to provide emerging startups and innovative companies a space for growth, consulting & coaching, workshops & events, and a connection to the extensive ecosystem. Visit www.startplatz.de for more information.
All Pre-Conference Workshops
- „Product Discovery Masterclass“ by Nikkel Blaase and Jan Milz
- „Using Practical Product OKRs for Measuring Strategic Progress“ by Tim Herbig
- „Rapid Prototyping with No-Code“ by Lilith Brockhaus
- „Lean Business Experiments“ by Frederik Vosberg and Timothy Krechel
You do not only want to participate in one of our full-day workshops on Nov 7th but also learn from top-notch international speakers how to build better digital products?
Then our Expert Ticket is the right choice for you — It gives you access to one of the Pre-Workshops and our Conference Day on Nov 8th. For detailed information, please click on the button below.