About the workshop
During this workshop, we will cover how to structure B2C product teams for a variety of different business models.
We will go in depth on the right product management roles to put in place for the following types of businesses:
- E-Commerce/Funnel Sales Business
- Social Networking
I will go in depth on the different types of PMs that you will need to hire to build out a world class team in each of these structures. We will also discuss how to enable your product team to make good bets to be successful in each of their different functional areas.
We will also discuss product goals for different product teams and how to create accountability and structure within your team.
Finally, we will also discuss the differences between having a dedicated growth team vs a growth team as part of the product organization.
Who should attend
Anyone who is building and managing a product team or a PM who is joining a product team to understand how they can have a large impact:
- CEOs/COOs of early stage companies responsible for managing the product organization
- CPOs/VPs of Product who are looking for a new perspective
- New Product Leaders who are building a team for the first time
- PMs who want to bring back knowledge of great team structure to their organization
About the host
Barron Ernst is currently the Vice President of Product at Zenly. Zenly is a mobile app that shows you a live map of your friends and family. Founded in Paris in 2014, Zenly joined Snap in 2017, and continues to run as an independent entity with millions of loving active users around the world.
His previous roles include
- Director of Product at Booking.com, overseeing the Ski and Beach segments for the business. These segments accounted for more than 5bn in booked room nights and were significant growth sectors for the business.
- Chief Product Officer for Showmax, a Streaming Video on Demand Provider focused on South and Sub-Saharan Africa and now part of the Multichoice Group (Previously part of Naspers). In this role, Barron built and ran the product, design, and QA organizations for Showmax while growing the company to a variety of new markets, new customers, and new platforms.
- Senior Director of Mobile and Growth for Naspers. Naspers (JSE: NPN) is a multinational global platform operator with principal operations in Internet services (focusing on e-commerce), pay-TV and print media, with assets spread across Eastern and Central Europe, China, Russia, Latin America, India, Southeast Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- Senior Director of Product and Growth, running email marketing, personalization, and growth for One Kings Lane. While there, he re-platformed the entire email system and added personalization in both email and in the core product. This increased email open and CTRs in a critical channel and ultimately generated 10s of millions in revenue growth for the business. He also lead efforts which resulted in 50% more registrations on the site.
- Director of Product at IMVU, where he ran monetization, acquisition, and the mobile team at IMVU. During that time, the business grew from 20-50mm annual revenue.
- He was also VP of product for a small startup called Rewarder (2012-2013), a marketplace connecting consumers with home, auto, travel, and technology questions with a network of experts who could help. He started his career in product at Intuit, a prominent tech company in Silicon Valley focused on small business accounting and tax preparation (INTU).
Browse all workshops: