Voice Engineer (F/M/D)
In order to strengthen our team, we are looking for a Linux System Engineer with a focus on Networking. Join the Placetel Webex Voice and Operations team to help expand our reach and shape the future of work. Working within the Collaboration Technology Group, you’ll be part of a dedicated team that is transforming the connections between people and the information they need to share to improve the business.
You will join a team of dynamic and highly skilled engineers and you will work with the following
- Working with us in small agile team improving High Availability of the Placetel VoIP Platform located at our Equinix Data Centers
- Voice over IP Components like : Kamailio, Asterisk, Sipcapture
- Opensource Solutions like Linux OS, KVM Hypervisor, Haproxy, Nginx, Percona XtraDB Cluster, Icinga, Netbox, Ansible, CfEngine, Bird BGP
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco has a market leading position within the Cloud Collaboration and Communication marketplace. Within Cisco, Placetel is a creative and constantly growing business unit offering Cloud PBX and Cloud UC solutions to the German SMB market. We are the specialists for digitized sales with a disruptive approach in selling cloud communication services. Our 30.000+ Placetel customers include well-known brands and companies as well as small and medium-sized enterprises.
What You’ll Do
- Implement Debian Linux based Voice over IP Solutions
- Automation via Ansible
- Maintenance of Kamailio and Asterisk Servers
- Build new SIP based Solutions to third Parties
- Take care of new features around Kamailio and Asterisk
- Engineering of seamless fail-over solutions for all platform components
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years experience in the VoIP Environment, best would already be with some experience around Asterisk and Kamailio
- Experienced with LINUX Operating Systems
- You have basic knowledge of one of the more popular IaC Tools (e.g. Ansible)
- Good English skills (written and verbal). Mandatory that you own a minimum of the Goethe B1 Certificate of the German language and must be able to legally live and work in Germany.
- You have an uncanny attention to detail with unique problem solving skills and a deep understanding of SIP and VoIP in general
- You are a passionate engineer that focuses on and contributes to making our platform more redundant, secure and highly available.
- Your track record ideally shows that you have deep experience in high availability, security and modern Cloud infrastructure
Why Working at Placetel within Cisco
We are a company within the Cisco Company and have been acquired by Cisco 2,5 years ago, still working self-independent but benefit from what has made Cisco great. We do have direct communication paths and you are always involved in changing design and implementations within the product. We want to learn from you and your experience and you can learn from our experiences being a Cloud-PBX Service Provider from the start with all its challenges, features and improvements we have learnt in the last years.
Excellent benefits for you:
- Cisco was named the #1 World’s Best Workplaces!
- 28+ days of vacation (+5 days optional Buy Program!)
- Soft benefits : Included Accident Insurance, Short term disability, Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
- Flexible Working Time and Flexible Working location (64K+ Employees currently working from Home at Cisco due to Pandemic)
- Cisco Stock Buying Program
- Choose your Laptop and Operating System
- Free! Cisco internal Trainings, Access to Degreed and Udemy