Hello! Are you passionate about design, and how it fits into the big picture? Are you comfortable with the idea of collaborating on a multi-disciplinary team (from Service Design, Business Design, Interaction Design, Research Design, Visual Design to Extended Reality)? Do you have the ability to slot into a team, and engage with a creative process, to work together towards great outcomes for interesting clients? Are you an excellent communicator and holistic design advocate?
Yes? Good. Then we are looking for you.
What you bring as a part of our team
- Enthusiasm, ideas, approaches and your authentic self
- A passion for Service Design (and Design generally!)
- Fascination to work within Life Siences
- Passion for learning, and knowledge sharing
What we offer you
- Highly innovative and talented colleagues
- A great space to work
- Diverse projects and clients
- Knowledge sharing, learning opportunities, Fjord Evolution Training
- Connection with our global Fjord family
What you bring as a service designer
We’re looking for candidates that have a background in Service Design, and a proven track record in this space. What are we looking for people who have been involved in the practice of Service Design (design research, business design, storytelling) and have a portfolio that demonstrates your great work, and your ability to communicate a story.
Actually, we are looking for a design unicorn for this role. What’s a design unicorn? Someone who lives and breathes design, with experience to back it up. We are currently a smaller team, and that means that if you are comfortable with stepping across disciplines this could be the role for you. Your core practice right now is Service Design, but maybe you started out with another core design education or job. We see people being successful in this role if they have an eye for visual design, are capable communicators, have a respect for business design and feel like they are more of a generalist than a specialist.
We would love to learn more about your:
- Relevant industry experience (we work in a commercial, fast-paced environment – perfect for some, and challenging for others)
- Creative problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with and inspire others
- Your knowledge of service design methods and experience in other design disciplines
- An ability to co-design and comfort level with co-facilitating design workshops
- Experience in design research
- Comfort with stakeholder and client communication and engagement
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relative or related disciple and/or equivalent experience in Service Design Practice
- Fluent in English and German
Please share with us
- Your CV – including relevant experience
- A cover letter – why us, and why you?
- A curated portfolio that shows us your experience and ability as a Service Design practitioner and storyteller.