Sendbird is the world’s leading chat & messaging platform as a service in addition to voice and video. Our mission is to build connections in a digital world. We believe that digital doesn’t have to mean impersonal, that physical boundaries shouldn’t create relationship boundaries. We believe in authenticity over superficiality, and in conversations over text messages. We’re a Y Combinator alumnus (W16) and have raised over $120M from leading investors including ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, August Capital, and FundersClub. We are headquartered in San Mateo, CA, and also have offices around the world including Seoul, New York City, London, and Singapore.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative with drive, energy, and a capability for sparking conversations with prospects. You will play a critical role in our sales team by prospecting, discovering, and expanding business opportunities. You will identify the right customers, qualify them, help nurture the long-term relationship and convert them to real opportunities. We expect you to have the drive to achieve ambitious goals, and yet work with the team to streamline operational excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to build a pipeline for strategic accounts
- Identify key contacts for target accounts, and firmly build the foundations for sales engagement
- Engage prospects across multiple channels including phone, email, LinkedIn, and more
- Add value by providing the right content for each opportunity, ie. case studies, screencasts, presentations, event invitations
- Manage, track and report sales activities and results using Salesforce
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly performance metrics
- Identify process improvements
- Help guide, mentor and train team members who may be less experienced or needing support
WHO YOU ARE
- You have the discipline to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment
- You’ve accomplished something you’re really proud of
- Track record of meeting or exceeding quota
- Have a high level of integrity
- Love prospecting
- 5+ years experience in lead generation, sales and/or marketing
- Fluency in English and another language such as Spanish, French, German, etc
- Passion for understanding and explaining technology
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Impeccable work ethic and dedication towards customers
- A quick learner with positivity, and a sense of humor
- Strong alignment with company values
- Proficient in Salesforce Lightning and Salesloft
- Tech-savvy and/or previous experience with web and mobile development projects
- Formal SaaS lead generation training at an extremely competitive sales environment
- Experience in digital industries (communities, live-streaming, on-demand, e-commerce, gaming, etc)
Finally, there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We encourage you to apply if this role excites you.
At Sendbird, one of our core values is Global Citizenship. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal state, or local law.