Product Manager – Auction
At trivago, everyday is an opportunity to connect millions of travelers around the world with the best hotel deals. By comparing prices from multiple booking sites, we’re simplifying the way people find their perfect getaway, making their travel experiences even more enjoyable. Our global brand sits in the vibrant city of Düsseldorf, Germany, where innovation and creativity thrive. Together with our international team of highly skilled and ambitious talents, we’re shaping the future of travel – to make it simpler and better.
Join us in making a difference
Every month, over 120 million users rely on the trivago website for finding their perfect getaway. This requires the highest quality possible and our product and UX teams ensure that our product delivers on this expectation. As aProduct Manager of the Auction team you will be responsible for building state-of-the-art auction features in order to optimize trivago’s monetization and ensure a well functioning auction marketplace for our advertisers. This is a high impact, and high visibility position within the Meta as a Service unit – the team responsible for the software and algorithms that power trivago’s two-sided marketplace of travelers and hotel booking partners. Ready for this challenge? Apply now!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Be the product manager of the Auction team comprising of highly skilled data engineers, data scientists, and software engineers
- Shape the team’s strategy by understanding our users’ and advertisers’ needs, our technology, and identifying and sizing business opportunities
- Define operational OKRs and business KPIs and monitor progress towards our goals
- Collaborate with tech and data leads by reviewing performance of features and tests in order to drive future optimization
- Manage and prioritize the team’s feature backlog and ensure the team stays focused on key objectives
- Create trustful relationships with stakeholders, be their point of contact for requests and manage expectations
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative / STEM field. Additional Master’s degree in STEM, business or finance related field is a plus.
- 4+ years as a (Senior) Product Owner/Manager or similar role.
- Strong analytical acumen; ability to use data to validate hypotheses.
- Proactive doer mindset; ability to juggle priorities in a dynamic setting.
- Skilled in simplifying complex projects into well-sequenced deliverables.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Emotional intelligence and empathy.
Stand out with:
Proven track record of running successful projects in the travel or e-commerce space.
- Expertise in business modeling and forecasting.
- Solid grasp of data science, engineering processes, and modern tech stacks.
- Proficiency in SQL to create reports and insights.
Worried about missing a few requirements? Still apply, and express your motivation as you may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you can look forward to:
- Enjoy flexible working hours and the generous time-off option offered through our self-determined vacation policy
- Savor your meals with a daily budget of 6.90€ for our canteen, complemented by free snacks and drinks on campus
- Settle in Düsseldorf with a relocation package suited to you and your family’s needs
- Get started with an interest-free newcomer loan of up to 2000€ (Ts&Cs apply)
- Gain up to 2000€ as reward for referring your network and helping us make great hires (Ts&Cs apply)
- Save on commuting costs with a subsidized company ticket for public transportation and campus parking
- Stay fit and active using our free on-campus gym, complete with sports classes
- Support your development through free access to personal and professional coaches, and psychologists on Likeminded
- Enjoy monthly team events with a 30€ budget per talent
- Access free online learning from platforms like LinkedIn
- Immerse yourself in legendary company events throughout the year
- Achieve work-life harmony through our hybrid model with 2 days per week mobile work
- Satisfy your wanderlust with the opportunity to work from abroad for up to 20 days annually
- Connect with a network of skilled professionals and experts to help you succeed in your career